IFS – Internal Family Systems (Engl.)
IFS stands for Internal Family Systems and is a psychotherapy and coaching method that understands the human being as a dynamic system.
IFS works with the body and connects through it with internal parts / aspects of the personality and offers their needs a safe space within which they are seen and in which they are valued in their history, task and intent.
Overwhelmed, traumatized and overburdened parts receive help and support without flooding the rest of the system. Step by step, this enables relief, relaxation and freedom.
All of this happens within the client’s system.
In IFS, the therapist or coach is a companion who holds the space and provides openness, interest, compassion and creativity where the client’s system is not yet capable to do so on its own.
IFS is a trauma therapy and in a broader sense also a body-psychotherapy.
IFS shows excellent results with:
– complex post-traumatic stress disorder
– birth trauma (pre-, peri- and postnatal)
– developmental trauma
– conflicts due to the experiences of loss and abandonment
– feelings of isolation
– eating disorders and other addictions
– depression, depressive disorders
– anxiety, anxious disorders
– procrastination and work addiction
– chronic pain
– all sorts of psychosomatic complaints
– The Dark Night and other phenomena / adverse reactions caused by meditation or similar otherwise induced experiences
As a coaching method, IFS is also ideal for online sessions.